High School Dual Credit
Online Dual Credit Initiative
Interested and qualified high achieving high school eleventh and twelfth grade students may enroll in a selected number of Rowan University online courses and receive academic credit both from the high school and the university. The majority of courses offered through the High School Dual Credit program fulfill Rowan's general education requirements and the credits earned may also be transferrable to other 4-year institutions. Courses are offered at the substantially discounted rate of $150 per credit for academic year 2019-2020.
Students must meet the eligibility requirements as outlined below:
- Minimum 3.0 GPA (on 4.0 scale)
- SAT Reading subscore 27 & SAT Math 570 or ACT Reading 21 & Math 24
How to Enroll in a Rowan Online Course
Enrolling in a Rowan Online course requires the involvement of the student, parents/guardians, school district officials, and Rowan Global Academic & Student Services.
Qualified high school students interested in enrolling in a Rowan Online course must do the following:
- Review the list of available courses.
- Select an appropriate course.
- Download and complete the Rowan Global Activation & Permission Form for High School Students
- Return the completed form, signed by both the student and parent/guardian, to the school official.
The school official will sign the form and send it electronically in PDF format via email to email@example.com to the attention of Marie Dionisi.
Upon receipt of the completed and signed form the Rowan Global will:
- Activate the student once we have received the signed form.
- An email will be generated to the student and parent about the Activation and how to pay for the course. Another email will be generated to the student with instructions to activate their account and how to manually register for the course.
Eligible Courses for the Online Dual Credit Initiative
|Course Number||Course Title||Credit Hours|
|ARHS 03130||Art Appreciation Online||3|
|BIOL 10210||Human Anatomy & Physiology I Online||4|
|CS 01190||Computer Game Modeling Online||3|
|ECON 04101||Intro Econ-Microecon Online||3|
|ECON 04102||Intro Econ-Macroecon Online||3|
|ENGL 02123||Experiencing Literature Online||3|
|FNDS 21150||History of American Ed Online||3|
|HLT 00103||Health and Wellness Online||3|
|HLT 00170||Stress Management Online||3|
|INTR 01265||Computers & Society Online||3|
|MUS 04118||Music Fundamentals Online||3|
|MUSG 06109||Music Appreciation Online||3|
|NUT 00200||Basic Nutrition Online||3|
|PHIL 09120||Intro to Philosophy Online||3|
|POSC 07110||American Government Online||3|
|PSY 01107||Essentials of Psychology Online||3|
|SPED 08130||Human Exceptionality Online||3|
|STAT 02260||Statistics I Online||3|