College Acceleration Program (CAP)
About the Program
The Rowan University College Acceleration Program (CAP) provides high achieving high school students the opportunity to receive academic credit both from their high school and Rowan University while still enrolled in high school. The approved courses are taught by high school faculty during the school at in the student's home district. The courses fulfill many of Rowan University's general education requirements, and the credits earned may also be transferrable to other four-year institutions. Successful completion of CAP courses through Rowan University can better prepare students for college admission and future academic study.
- Districts may offer several CAP courses as approved by Rowan University.
- Students may earn credit for several successfully completed CAP courses.
- Participating districts/students will receive a discounted tuition rate as negotiated between Rowan Global and the participating district.
- High school students capable of honors or AP level coursework
- Minimum 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale)
- SAT Reading Subscore 27, Math 570 (or Act Reading 21, Math 24)
- Parent/Guardian and School Counselor permission
- Rowan University and the participating school district work to determine appropriate course offerings that align with University standards.
- Rowan University and the participating school district work together to select qualified district faculty to teach CAP courses.
- Rowan University and the participating school district collaborate to complete student application, consent, and payment.
- Transcripts for CAP students are generated upon request through the Office of the Registrar at Rowan University.
About Rowan University
A leading public research institution, Rowan University combines liberal education with professional preparation and research from the baccalaureate through the doctorate degree. Rowan provides a collaborative learning-centered environment in which highly qualified and diverse faculty, staff, and students integrate teaching, research, scholarship, creative activity and community service. Through intellectual, social, and cultural contributions, the university enriches the lives of those in the campus community and surrounding region.
For more information or to become a participating district, contact Rowan Global Learning & Partnerships at firstname.lastname@example.org.